Enough

As has become our custom each Saturday, today Tiger and I spent some time in the back yard enjoying the stillness of the morning. I breathed in deeply the sweet morning air as I gathered my arms closer in, trying to avoid the chill of this new Fall day.

While standing there debating about whether to go in after a jacket, something caught my eye. I noticed that the yard was completely saturated with the morning dew. It was so laden that I could actually see droplets of water falling to the ground from single blades of grass. Immediately a scripture came to mind from Genesis.

"...but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the earth." Genesis 2:6

Long before rain ever touched the earth the Lord watered it through the mist or dew as we often call it, and that was enough to sustain it. Well with all the dew in my back yard, I could see how that would be possible.

While pondering this thought, the word "enough" began to resonate in my heart and I knew I was not being captivated by this generous watering of my back yard for no reason. The Lord was speaking to me of something more. He is enough. In everything I encounter, He is enough.

Whatever it is you need, He is enough. We sometimes forget that or fail to recognize that it is true in every circumstance, even for ourselves. I know all too well how much easier it is to tell someone else that He is enough to sustain them through their current situation, while all the while struggling to believe the same truth for my own. It is however, the truth for all of us.

Where in your life do you need for God to be enough? What crisis has you weary? What trial has stolen your peace? Perhaps it's none of these. Maybe you have just become bogged down with the everyday maintenance of life and have simply forgotten you were not meant to go it alone. If this is you, there is hope. If your life fits any or all of these descriptions I have good news for you.

"Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.

He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

In other words, He is enough.







Comments

Popular Posts