All Sufficient Grace!

It's Easter Sunday and my dinner guests have all gone. What a sweet time we had with our church family this morning and then visiting here in my home afterwards.

The three dogs I am keeping this weekend have just been let out of their kennels since my guests have now gone home, and they are more than excited to be together with Tiger for the afternoon. Yet in desperate need of a nap, I sit here at my computer trying to form an intelligible thought and all I can come up with is, "How did I get here?"

Last week was long and hard. Massive changes took place for me at work and my inadequacy came front and center. It was a good thing but it will certainly mean much more from me.

One of my dearest friends - my sounding board, counselor and friend moved halfway across the world. I miss her but I've been through this before. This too is a good thing.



I have found myself in the midst of relationships in need of way more than I possibly have to give. Their needs are beyond me and my heart is often grieved for their pain. Constantly throwing those needs at the feet of Jesus, I see that me being in this place is a very good thing.

I'm not so sure God picked the right person to deal with all of this, but my heart knows better. I have a heart of flesh not of stone, that cries with those who are hurting.

When people look to me to produce results, I tend to hunker down and do what needs to be done. No doubt this is a trait soneone has noticed.

When things don't happen as I would prefer and life "seemingly" hands me lemons, I somehow figure out a way to make an entire fruit salad (thanks to God's gift of resiliency in me).

All of this I can do for one reason and one reason only...

I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.

He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The LORD will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.

Psalm 121

Comments

Popular Posts