I Can Do This

Have I told you all that I'm working on being a better me in this new year? I'm sure I have. I've told everyone, because that will help me to press into the hard things. (I'm even going through an online Bible study with some friends called "I Do Hard Things"). Being accountable to others who love you and who have a vested interest in your life is very important, especially when doing hard things, and there are A LOT of hard things I'm pressing into. (Hard for me, maybe not for most.)

One of those hard things for me is being diligent this year about memorizing scripture. That's why I was very glad to see Beth Moore's newsletter in my inbox over the Christmas break, saying that thousands of women from around the nation would be memorizing scripture together over the next year. It's something she started some years ago and it has grown into this big beautiful display, posted on her blog on the 1st and 15th of every month. I actually wept when I read through the list of scriptures the first time I posted mine. Each one was so very personal to the woman posting it. I think that's what made it so beautiful.

So here's the next verse I'm working on memorizing. Oddly enough, it's from Colossians, just like my last one. Imagine that!

So we tell others about Christ, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all the wisdom God has given us. We want to present them to God, perfect in their relationship to Christ.  ~Colossians 1:28

I think it's becoming my new life verse. Psalm 40:1 has been that for me for many years, but this one fits where I'm at and where I believe I'm headed. It defines who I want to be and how I see myself in ministry. It's the verse that prompted today's Wednesday's Washing post. It's the verse I'll be eating, drinking and sleeping as I think about our ladies at Calvary and how my team and I might best serve them throughout this new year. I believe it's the verse that will challenge me most in my relationships and in the things I've yet to do which God has called me to.

So pop in on today's post and it will perhaps make more sense as to why I chose to write it. And if you see me around, you have my permission to ask me to recite my verse. Remembering things is not a strength of mine, which is why I write everything down. However, I've found there's been much grace to do this particular discipline. It's like God wants me to hide his word in my heart. Go figure!



Comments

Popular Posts