Pick yourself up. Dust your self off. Start all over again!

We are 22 days into the new year. Did you set any new goals for yourself this year? Did you determine to do some things differently, try some new things, stop doing certain things? How's that going?

I'm working on several things and my mantra for this year is I'm building a better me. Never had a mantra before (not that I can remember), and it seems to be helping because whenever I am tempted to fail (or I just fall into an old pattern), I hear myself saying, "better me." It doesn't work 100 percent of the time but I AM making strides. Woo hoo! 

I'm also recognizing my successes and little victories more and spending less time focusing on my failures and things I didn't get right. I've just decided that I ain't got time for that! Positive words have the power to change us for the better. Negative words, not so much.

One of the things I'm stretching myself to do this year is memorizing scripture - two verses a month. So far, so good! I can perfectly quote both of mine for this January! Not. An. Easy. Task. For. Me. Of course, it helps when several thousand other women are doing it along with you and encouraging you on. 

I think I may have told you all about it. Here's the link and you should definitely join me! I NEED more of the Word in me, period! I wrote a whole bunch of other stuff which I have since deleted because the bottom line is, I need more of God's Word hidden in my heart. (Psalm 119:11)

I think that's the key - to share your goals/desires with someone and to speak them out loud. Otherwise, no one knows when you don't follow through and the pressure is completely off even though you've made a commitment to be faithful to do that thing. Don't be afraid you will fail at them. I'm not. I'm just afraid of not trying!

Perhaps that's why so many people don't keep their goals. They have no one to encourage them in the journey because no one else knows. 

Tell someone today, what your goals and desires are for this year. Go ahead and say it out loud and then make it your aim, as much as it is possible with you, to keep your word to yourself. You can do so much more than you think and you're worth the extra effort. So make this year the year that you stick with it, even though you've failed every other time. Don't give up because you mess up. Just get back up!

You've got this! 

Loving you,
Cheryl

Comments

Popular Posts