All of Me

Read James 4:1-8

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.  James 4:8


I love Christmas! People seem kinder. The days appear to have more levity and purpose. Even the air feels as though something wondrous is hanging within, waiting to be released.

When I write, I usually have a playlist on. Music is a powerful gift and it helps me focus while I'm writing. The creativity in the chords and how the artist strings them together inspires me and I sometimes find it difficult to put words on a page without it. 

As I was working on yesterday's post, a song came on, but this time I suddenly found it difficult to continue writing. I had an encounter with the Lord. Here are some of lyrics even though the version I was listening to was purely instumental.

"Give your all to me.
I'll give my all to you.
You're my end and my beginning.
Even when I lose I'm winning,
Cause I give you all of me.
And you give me all of you."

The song is All of Me, by John Legend. Yes, I do mix the secular with the spiritual on my playlist because apparently, God likes to speak through both. This post is proof!

I really didn't know any of the words to the song other than these first two lines. So I had to look up the lyrics. When I read this portion I melted.

I don't care how far you've gone, how busy you think you are or how messed up you may feel. Jesus came and gave his all for us so that we could draw near to him. 

The Christmas season is alive with hope and newness every single day, more so it seems than any other time of year. Sometimes it's so tangible that you can almost feel it, if you dare.

Take a moment and listen. Forget the rest of the words to this song if you know them. Focus on the chorus I noted above and draw near.




Comments

Popular Posts