Extravagant Kindness


Read Titus 3:1-8

But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.  
Titus 3:4-7


One of the things I love most about Christmas is this. To me, it renews my hope once again in the fact that I can never be good enough, smart enough, honest enough or pure enough to earn Christ's love. What he's given me has come in the purest form of selflessness and I could never earn it. 

Now that doesn't mean I stop trying to do what's right and that I stop pressing in to become more like him. No, it simply means that I do those things out of love for this One who loved me so much that he came to this broken world, and gave all he had so that I wouldn't have to. Yet, I want to. 

That's the beauty of God's kindness. It overflows into the depths of who we are, the real you and me, when we receive his kindness as a gift. For that is it's intended purpose - a gift that softens us, draws us in and awakens our souls to this God of love.


Father, thank you for your kindness in sending us your Son. May we never lose sight of  this Extravagance poured out on us, simply because you loved us.

Comments

Popular Posts